About Anthea Rowe
Anthea is an award-winning communications professional with experience in the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Anthea managed communications for London tech company StarTech.com, led knowledge translation and online publishing at Ivey Business School’s Network for Business Sustainability, managed donor and media relations at Western’s Robarts Research Institute, and led product marketing for software company Dimensions Retail Systems.
Anthea has been an invited speaker at local, regional and international engagements. She has delivered talks to industry and professional associations and is frequently a guest lecturer for marketing and communication courses. Recent speaking engagements include:
- Southern HR Group
- IABC World Conference
- IABC London
- Sustainable Waterloo Region
- Western Continuing Studies - Employee Communications
Anthea loves engaging the next generation of communicators. She has taught communications courses in the following programs:
- Master of Media in Journalism & Communication, Western University
- Not-for-Profit Management, Western Continuing Studies
- Corporate Communications & PR, Fanshawe College
Volunteering in the Community
Anthea believes strongly in giving back to the community. Recent volunteer roles include:
- President-Elect, IABC London
- Mentor, LORAN Scholars Foundation
- External Reviewer, Fanshawe College Corporate Communications - Public Relations
- Judge, IABC London Virtuoso Awards and Blue Ribbon Panel
- Founding Board Member, London Cycle Link
- Founding Steering Committee Member, Emerging Leaders London
- It’s important to be precise with your word.
- You can have fun and still be professional.
- Trust is the fastest route to results. When you trust people and treat them with respect, they reward you with dedication and creativity.